Over the last couple of weeks I have had several conversations explaining the difference between motivation and determination.
I got some very positive feedback this week on way of handling a common parent-child interaction. So thought I’d share it.
- Parent: “You need to ——–.”
- Child: “I don’t want to ——–.”
- Parent: “I didn’t tell you to want to ——–. I told you to ——–.”
- Parent: “You need to do your homework.”
- Child: “I don’t want to do my homework.”
- Parent: “I didn’t tell you to want to do your homework. I told you to do your homework.”